EdgeFX STEM Kits are based on electronic building blocks, designed for easy use and to feed the curiosity of young minds.
Each Block has a defined function. Blocks are in different colors and have Block IDs and polarities on them so that you can easily identify and properly mount them on the base. Blocks are grouped into four different categories like Power, Input, Output and Accessories which are color-coded by function.
EdgeFX STEM Kits come with complete documentation including Assembly Procedure and Trouble shooting and extensive project documentation with physical diagrams, project image and circuit diagram with explanation. The projects include real time examples with fun-filled activities and experiments, to kindle your curiosity. These kits are also mapped to the curriculum.
- Power Supply
- Basic Components: Resistors, Transistors and Diodes
- Manual Inputs: Push Button Switch, Touch Point
- Various Outputs: White LED, Buzzer
- Wires and Connectors
- Breadboards for easy circuit building and troubleshooting
- Voltage, Current and Resistance
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- Short Circuits
- Good and Bad conductor of electricity
- Open and Closed circuits
- Transistor as a switch
- Use of Fuse
- Polarity in circuits
- Sound, Light and Mechanical energy
What You’ll Get
- To demonstrate the concept of open and closed circuits.
- To demonstrate the Push Button Switch, Buzzer function and how electricity is used to generate sound.
- To demonstrate the LED function and how electricity is used to light up an LED.
- To demonstrate how LED’s like one-way valves let electricity flow only in one direction.
- To demonstrate conductor and insulator of electricity.
- To demonstrate the use of fuse to make electrical circuits safer.
- To demonstrate the function of a Resistor in series with a Buzzer.
- To demonstrate how a series Resistor is used to protect an LED.
- To demonstrate how electric circuits can be build to turn on multiple loads at a time without affecting the performance of the other load.
- To demonstrate the use of electronically controlled switches like Transistors using Push Button Switch for Input and Buzzer for Output.
- To demonstrate how transistor as a switch can control an LED output.
- Get creative with circuits, demonstration of Push Button Switch in reverse function with Buzzer for Output.
- To try and see for your self if the switch is reverse function works for an LED output.
- To demonstrate if human body is a good conductor of electricity using human touch as Input and Buzzer as Output.
- To demonstrate the amplification of current via darlington Transistor with LED as Output.
Building Blocks & Accessories
Extensive guide with Step-by-step instructions for each and every project including Physical Diagram, Circuit diagram and Project Image enabling easy project building to understanding the logic with fun-filled activities and experiments.
Exhaustive Audio-visual support for ease of use and enhanced learning of the concepts to drive innovation.
Get The Guide With Audio Visual
Grades 5 to 7