A pick N place robot is one kind of robot, used to pick up a thing and put it in the preferred location. This robot is very useful for some places like where there is a need to pick an object move it and put it in some other place securely. The system offers a robotic arm that is controlled by an android application. Before moving further, let us notice few reasons why pick N place robots are chosen:
- They are earlier and can get the work done in seconds contrasted to their human counterparts.
- They are bendable and have the suitable design.
- They are precise.
- They amplify the safety of the working environment and in fact never get tired.
Android Controlled Pick N Place Robot Arm and Movement
The hardware and software requirements of this project mainly include 8051 series Microcontroller, LED, Crystal, Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes, Voltage Regulators, Metal Detector, DC Motors, Motor Driver, Push Button, Bluetooth Device, Keil compiler, Language: Embedded C or Assembly and Android Application
- 2051 is a 20 pin version of the 8051.
- Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 24 MHz
- Two-level Program Memory Lock
- 128 x 8-bit Internal RAM
- 15 Programmable I/O Lines
- Two 16-bit Timer/Counters
- Six Interrupt Sources
- Programmable Serial UART Channel
- Direct LED Drive Outputs
- On-chip Analog Comparator
- Low-power Idle and Power-down Modes
Features of MC 8052
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable (ISP) Flash Memory
- 4.0V to 5.5V Operating Range
- Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 33 MHz
- 256 x 8-bit Internal RAM
- 32 Programmable I/O Lines
- Three 16-bit Timer/Counters
- Eight Interrupt Sources
- Full Duplex UART Serial Channel
What is Called Android..?
Android is an open-source operating system which means that any manufacturer can use it in their phones free of charge. It was built to be truly open. For example, an application can call upon any of the phone’s core functionality such as making calls, sending text messages, or using the camera. Android is built on the open Linux Kernel. Furthermore, it utilizes a custom virtual machine that was designed to optimize memory and hardware resources in a mobile environment.
Android Application Operated Bluetooth
- The Android platform includes support for the Bluetooth network stack, which allows a device to wirelessly exchange data with other Bluetooth devices.
- The application framework provides access to the Bluetooth functionality through the Android Bluetooth APIs.
Features of Bluetooth
- Super simple and easy way to interface using Bluetooth stack.
- 3.3V Device with standard 5V DC Power source.
- Can also support SPI Protocol, pins are made available.
- Low power consumption, Low cost.
- Has high-performance wireless transceiver system
- Can be used to interface with PC, Mac or Android phones/tablets.
- Generic Default Visibility at Software side: HC-06 or Linvor
Default Pairing code is not ‘0000’ but ‘1234’.
- Please use Baud Rate with 8-N-1 connectivity from another device.
- Works with any microcontroller with Serial connectivity.
Motor Driver L293D
- L293D is a dual H-bridge motor driver integrated circuit (IC).
- Motor drivers act as current amplifiers since they take a low-current control signal and provide a higher-current signal.
- This higher current signal is used to drive the motors.
L293D contains two inbuilt H-bridge driver circuits.
- In its common mode of operation, two DC motors can be driven simultaneously, both in forward and reverse direction.
Operation of Motor Driver
- L293D has 2 set of arrangements where one set has input 1, input 2, output 1 and output 2 and another set has input 3, input 4, output 3 and output 4, according to block diagram if pin no 2 & 7 are high then pin no 3 & 6 are also high.
- If enable 1 and pin number 2 are high leaving pin number 7 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
- If enable 2 and pin number 10 are high leaving pin number 15 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
- If enable 1 and pin number 2 are low leaving pin number 7 as high then the motor rotates in reverse direction.
- If enable 2 and pin number 15 are high leaving pin number 10 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
Project Working Of Pick N Place Robot
The fundamental expectation of this undertaking is to plan a robot which is utilized to get substantial protest and set it in the coveted area remotely utilizing Android-based smartphones for ventures. The transmitter end utilizes an Android application gadget, for example, a Smartphone or tablet for sending the charges to the beneficiary end to control the development of the robot in different ways.
The receiver end likewise utilizes a microcontroller of the 8051 families and a battery for control supply. In this framework, a Bluetooth handset is interfaced to the microcontroller for correspondence. The four engines are interfaced to the microcontroller with the assistance of an engine driver IC wherein two engines are utilized for arm and gripper development of the robot while the other two are utilized for the body development.
Once the communication is set up from a client telephone to this framework through the Bluetooth, and after that, the client can send control signs to this framework. The client can enter a chose alternative on the Android application’s GUI to move the robot in comparing headings, for example, forward, in reverse, left, right, et cetera.
From the above information, finally, we can conclude that this project can be designed to develop a robot which is used to pick n place robotic vehicle with a soft catching gripper. It can carefully grip a bomb to keep away from an explosion while catching. The robotic vehicle can be controlled by an android application for remote operation. At the transmitting end using an android device, instructions are sent to the receiver to direct the movement of the robot. Here is a question for you, what are the applications of pick N place robot?