Power electronics is an interdisciplinary innovation used to change the attributes of the electrical power circuit such as voltage, current, frequency, and size that suit for a specific application. Power electronics can be connected in various zones: medical equipment, transportation and utilities including distinctive sub-frameworks like strong state transformer, line transformer, strong state electrical switch; and, purchaser items like media transmission types of gear, apparatuses, lighting frameworks, modern and business gadgets and types of gear. Power electronics is additionally a subject applicable to examine for electrical and electronic engineering arrangements with configuration, control, and calculation of non-direct time variation electronic frameworks.
Power electronics assumes the main part of current innovation by going about as a center of energy and vitality control. A large portion of the shopper electronic gadgets makes utilization of the AC-DC converter as a power electronic gadget with numerous battery chargers and PCs. This article discusses of UPFC related display of lag and lead power factor.
UPFC Related Display of Lag and Lead Power Factor
The hardware and software requirement of this UPFC related display of lag and lead power factor project mainly include 8051 series Microcontroller, Op-amps, LCD, Shunt Capacitors, SCR, Current Transformer, Choke, Crystal, Switches, Slide Switch, Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes, Transformer, Voltage Regulator, Lam, etc.
Keil an ARM Company makes C compilers, macro assemblers, real-time kernels, debuggers, integrated environments, evaluation boards, simulators and emulators for ARM7/ARM9/Cortex-M3, XC16x/C16x/ST10, 251, and 8051 MCU families.
Compilers are programs used to convert a High-Level Language to object code. Desktop compilers produce an output object code for the underlying microprocessor, but not for other microprocessors.
i.e the programs written in one of the HLL like ‘C’ will compile the code to run on the system for a particular processor like x86 (underlying microprocessor in the computer).
For example compilers for Dos platform is different from the Compilers for Unix platform So if one wants to define a compiler then the compiler is a program that translates source code into object code.
It is a smaller computer, has as on-chip RAM, ROM, I/O ports.
Features of AT89S51/52
- Compatible with MCS®-51 Products
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable (ISP) Flash Memory
- Endurance: 10,000 Write/Erase Cycles
- 4.0V to 5.5V Operating Range
- Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 33 MHz
- 256 x 8-bit Internal RAM
- 32 Programmable I/O Lines
- Three 16-bit Timer/Counters
- Eight Interrupt Sources
- Full Duplex UART Serial Channel
- Interrupt Recovery from Power-down Mode
- Watchdog Timer
- Dual Data Pointer
A Silicon Controlled Rectifier (or Semiconductor Controlled Rectifier) is a four-layer solid state device that controls current flow. An SCR can be seen as a conventional rectifier controlled by a gate signal.
- It is a 4-layered 3-terminal device
- When the gate to cathode voltage exceeds a certain threshold, the device turns ‘on’ and conducts current.
- The operation of an SCR can be understood in terms of a pair of tightly coupled Bipolar Junction Transistors
- SCR has three states:
Reverse blocking mode, forward blocking mode, and forward conducting mode
- Optocoupler is a 6 pin IC. It is a combination of 1 LED and a traic. Pin 5 is not generally used and when light falls on the triac then it switches ON the triac.
- When a logic zero is given as input to the LED then the light doesn’t fall on triac so the triac is off meant the current does not flow through the triac.
- When logic 1 is given as input to the LED then light emitted by LED falls on triac so it starts conducting.
Quad Voltage Comparator LM339
- Wide single supply voltage range 2.0VDC TO 36VDC or dual supplies ±1.0VDC to ±18VDC
- Very low supply current drain (0.8㎃) independent of the supply voltage (1.0㎽/comparator at 5.0VDC)
- Low input biasing current 25㎁
- Low input offset current ±5㎁ and offset voltage
- Input common-mode voltage range includes ground
- Differential input voltage range equal to the power
- supply voltage
- Low output 250㎷ at 4㎃ saturation voltage
- Output voltage compatible with TTL, DTL, ECL, MOS and CMOS logic system
- Moisture Sensitivity Level 3
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Most common LCDs connected to the microcontrollers are 16×2 and 20×2 displays.
- This means 16 characters per line by 2 lines and 20 characters per line by 2 lines, respectively.
- The standard is referred to as HD44780U, which refers to the controller chip which receives data from an external source (and communicates directly with the LCD.
Working of UPFC Related Display of Lag and Lead Power Factor
The project is intended to get a show of every one of the three states of power factor ie linear, lagging picking proper load. Power factor is characterized as the proportion of genuine energy to obvious power.
In this UPFC related display system, the time lag between the zero voltage pulse and zero current pulse properly created by reasonable operational amplifier circuits in comparator mode are encouraged to two interrupt with pins of the microcontroller. The microcontroller utilized is of 8051 families. It shows the time lag between the current and voltage on an LCD.
The program takes over to activate the suitable number of anti-parallel SCR’s at its output in arrangement with either an inductor or a light or shunt capacitors into the load circuit to derive the power factor of each kind of load for a show.
Further, this UPFC related display project can be improved in future by utilizing delayed firing angle control method for each associated load through thyristors for accomplishing exact power factor.
Thus, this is all about UPFC related display project. We hope that you have got a better understanding of this project. Furthermore, any doubts regarding the implementation of electrical and electronic projects please give your feedback by the comment in the comment section below.Here is a question for you, what are the applications of power electronics?