The war field spying robot can be used on enemy territories for the purpose of spying or remote monitoring. This spying robot can be used at the time of war to collect and monitor the information from the terrorists at the far secure area, and safely create a map for the counter-attack. Let us have a brief information about how can we use a robot in the field of war for the purpose of spying. All that is required is a wireless camera fixed on the robot circuit which captures images and also records the videos of terrorists and transmits the data, which are collected by the receiver unit of the TV. We can design a simple prototype of this robot which can control remotely and the data transmitted by the camera can be monitored and analyzed on a TV.
War Field Spying Robot with Night Vision Wireless Camera
The hardware and software requirements of this project include 8051 series Microcontroller, DC Motors, Motor driver IC, Push Button, Diodes, Resistors, Capacitors, Wireless Camera, Bluetooth Device, Keil compiler, Language: Embedded C or Assembly and Android Application.
The microcontroller is a smaller computer; it has on-chip RAM, ROM, I/O ports. The features of this microcontroller include the following.
- 8K Bytes of In-System Programmable (ISP) Flash Memory
- 4.0V to 5.5V Operating Range
- Fully Static Operation: 0 Hz to 33 MHz
- 256 x 8-bit Internal RAM
- 32 Programmable I/O Lines
- Three 16-bit Timer/Counters
- Eight Interrupt Sources
- Full Duplex UART Serial Channel
What is Called Android?
Android is an open-source operating system which means that any manufacturer can use it in their phones free of charge. It was built to be truly open. For example, an application can call upon any of the phone’s core functionality such as making calls, sending text messages, or using the camera. Android is built on the open Linux Kernel. Furthermore, it utilizes a custom virtual machine that was designed to optimize memory and hardware resources in a mobile environment.
What is an Android Application for Mobile Phones?
An android app is meant for phones with android based operating systems. They can be downloaded from the Android app Market which is pre-loaded on every android phone. Blue control APP and Bluetooth SPP APP are some examples.
The open source operating system is easily changed, hacked, manipulated, and molded to fit whatever functionality you had in mind. Found on all platforms for all prices depending on what hardware and software version you are interested in. The battery is usually replaceable.
Android Application Operated Bluetooth
The Android platform includes support for the Bluetooth network stack, which allows a device to wirelessly exchange data with other Bluetooth devices.The application framework provides access to the Bluetooth functionality through the Android Bluetooth APIs.
Features of Bluetooth
- Super simple and easy way to interface using Bluetooth stack.
- 3.3V device with standard 5V DC Power source.
- Can also support SPI Protocol, pins are made available.
- Low power consumption, Low cost.
- Has high-performance wireless transceiver system
- Can be used to interface with PC, Mac or Android phones/tablets.
- Generic Default Visibility at Software side: HC-06 or Linvor
- Default Pairing code is not ‘0000’ but ‘1234’.
- Please use Baud Rate with 8-N-1 connectivity from another device.
- Works with any microcontroller with Serial connectivity.
RF Remote Control
- The circuit uses HT 12E, HT 12D encoder, and decoder.
- 433MHz ASK transmitter and receiver is used for the remote control.
Features of RF
- Range in open space (Standard Conditions) 100 Meters
- RX Receiver Frequency: 433 MHz
- RX Typical Sensitivity: 105 Dbm
- RX Supply Current: 3.5 mA
- RX IF Frequency: 1MHz
- Low Power Consumption
- Easy For Application
- RX Operating Voltage: 5V
- TX Frequency Range: 433.92 MHz
- TX Supply Voltage: 3V ~ 6V
- TX Out Put Power: 4 ~ 12 Dbm
RF Encoder & Decoder
- The HT12E Encoder ICs are series of CMOS LSIs for Remote Control system applications. They are capable of Encoding 12 bit of information which consists of N address bits and 12-N data bits.
- The HT12D ICs are series of CMOS LSIs for remote control system applications.
- These ICs are paired with each other. For proper operation, a pair of encoder or decoder with the same no.of address and data format should be selected.
- The Decoder receives the serial address and data from its corresponding decoder, transmitted by a carrier using an RF transmission medium and gives output to the output pins after processing the data.
- The wireless camera detects and scans all the common video frequencies, usually somewhere between 50 MHz and 30 GHz, within a certain radius.
- It then allows the user to monitor what is being broadcast on those frequencies, if the signal is strong enough, the wireless camera detectors usually display the images.
Motor Driver L293D
- L293D is a dual H-bridge motor driver integrated circuit (IC).
Motor drivers act as current amplifiers since they take a low-current control signal and provide a higher-current signal.
- This higher current signal is used to drive the motors.
- L293D contains two inbuilt H-bridge driver circuits. In its common mode of operation, two DC motors can be driven simultaneously, both in forward and reverse direction.
Operation of Motor Driver
- L293D has 2 set of arrangements where one set has input 1, input 2, output 1 and output 2 and another set has input 3, input 4, output 3 and output 4, according to block diagram if pin no 2 & 7 are high then pin no 3 & 6 are also high.
- If enable-1 and pin number 2 are high leaving pin number 7 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
- If enable-2 and pin number 10 are high leaving pin number 15 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
- If enable 1 and pin number 2 are low leaving pin number 7 as high then the motor rotates in reverse direction.
- If enable 2 and pin number 15 are high leaving pin number 10 as low then the motor rotates in the forward direction.
- Streaming of Video without visible light
- Inbuilt option to switch ON & OFF IR lights when required
- The limited distance of operation(50ft)
- The video is Streaming not recording
The project is designed to develop a robotic vehicle using android application for remote operation. This robot along with camera can wirelessly transmit real-time video with night vision capabilities. This is kind of robot can be helpful for spying purpose in war fields.
The whole path that the robot traverse is being seen by the wireless night vision camera that is placed on the robot and accordingly the video signals are sent by the camera for the direction it traversed. Remote operation is achieved by any smart-phone/Tablet etc., with Android OS, upon a GUI (Graphical User Interface) based touch screen operation.
From the above information, finally, we can conclude that this robot is used for the observation of human activities in the war field o in order to reduce infiltrations from the opponent side. The robot comprises of night vision wireless camera which can transmit the information of the war field in order to stop any harm to human life. The robot will provide a suitable machine for the security sector and will also stop illegal activities. It will assist all the military people and armed forces to know the situation of the territory before entering it.